It's All Advertising

I have an illness that makes it impossible to not find parallels between advertising and everything else. This blog is a way for me to express all the weird ways I look at ads and my random new ways of thinking about them. Sometimes it’ll be smart, sometimes it’ll be stupid, and maybe some time it will change your view on everything in the world. But let's be honest. It's all advertising.

Thursday, March 16

Doing what the brand promised


CITI Bank has put up little kiosk like phone booths next to their ATMs so customers can call them, and I think it's great. For several reasons I guess. One, if I ever feel the random overwhelming urge to talk to a guy in India, who is undoubtedly thousands of times smarter than me, then I can do so with ease. Secondly, what a great non-traditional marketing message! That phone probably costs them less than a single billboard, and it says so much more than they could ever put into words.

1 Comments:

At 10:22 PM, Blogger Arvind said...

Nice blog!

 

Post a Comment

<< Home