It's All Advertising

I have an illness that makes it impossible to not find parallels between advertising and everything else. This blog is a way for me to express all the weird ways I look at ads and my random new ways of thinking about them. Sometimes it’ll be smart, sometimes it’ll be stupid, and maybe some time it will change your view on everything in the world. But let's be honest. It's all advertising.

Thursday, March 9

Mint ads unlike any other






A buddy of mine who is an illustrator/designer (not at all involved in advertising) somehow ended up interviewing at a tiny agency in Chicago. He went to the interview thinking they were looking for an illustrator, but what they really wanted was an illustrator/designer/art director.

He had no ads in his portfolio (obviously), but the guy wanted to test him, and told him to come up with a campaign for mints with the thought "extremely powerful mints". This was what he came up with.

They passed on him (stupidly), but when he showed me these ads I almost died. I think they are twisted, edgy and terrific, and I want to put them here so others can see.

You can see more of his work here

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home