It's All Advertising

I have an illness that makes it impossible to not find parallels between advertising and everything else. This blog is a way for me to express all the weird ways I look at ads and my random new ways of thinking about them. Sometimes it’ll be smart, sometimes it’ll be stupid, and maybe some time it will change your view on everything in the world. But let's be honest. It's all advertising.

Friday, February 10

Tension


I've given a lot of thought to why ads like wake up with the King and the VW wedding commercial, (an awesome spot my buddy and I decided is in both of our top 10 best ads ever lists). One of the things I think that makes them so successful is they have a lot of tension. There is some feeling you have in your stomach that is moderately uncomfortable when you watch them. Just like a good story, if there's good tension, people will keep paying attention (hey that rhymes, that makes it even cooler. Consider it trademarked).

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home