It's All Advertising

I have an illness that makes it impossible to not find parallels between advertising and everything else. This blog is a way for me to express all the weird ways I look at ads and my random new ways of thinking about them. Sometimes it’ll be smart, sometimes it’ll be stupid, and maybe some time it will change your view on everything in the world. But let's be honest. It's all advertising.

Tuesday, February 7

Where are your balls?


Starting out, every successful creative did some stupid ballsy thing that got them to where they are. They talked back, took a risk, trusted their gut, and did something that nobody thought could/should be done.

Each time we do it we get something better (or get totally screwed...that happens too) and we all of a sudden have more things on the line. Eventually it seems that everyone gets to a point where A) they think they're already doing everything the right way, or B) they have so much at stake that they start convincing themselves that giving up a little of themselves is worth it to not shake things up.

I see it with rule breakers in every industry. I hope I never lose my balls, and I'm always willing to do the "stupid" thing because I think it's right. And if not, I hope my Bahama home is worth selling out for.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home